Sunday, October 22, 2006

It's a Sunday Sky, Keeping Up, Book, & Prayer

Sunday Sky

Yes, I know that I'm a member of the *Saturday* Sky group, but my picture is of today's Sunday sky. I tried to take a picture of the sky when I was out and about yesterday. I aimed the camera...and nothing. There was only an annoying beep. I then read on the camera screen that there was *NO CARD* in the camera. Yes, the card was at home ... and I wasn't.

So, today we have Sunday Sky!


I hope the Saturday Sky group will accept my humble apology. : )

This Sunday sky is clear, very blue, and very still. It's simply beautiful!

Keeping Up

I really enjoy keeping up with my online pals' blogs. As my favorite blogs grew in number, I was struggling to keep up with recent posts in a timely manner. While Bloglines is a great option, being a bit impatient in these matters, I choose to know immediately of updates when I'm online.

So, our son Zach helps me out again. He recommended Google Desktop. I got it downloaded, installed, and running in just minutes!

Google Desktop creates a sidebar on your computer screen with multiple features. The *Web Clips* feature allows you, by clicking on *Options*, to subscribe to all your favorite blogs and when they are updated, it shows immediately on your desktop sidebar under the Web Clips heading. How neat is that? : )

The sidebar can be minimized whenever you like, so no need to worry that it will constantly be up on your screen if you'd prefer otherwise.

Book

I'm planning on downloading a book from Audible soon.

The book is...


This book speaks to many scientific issues and is written by the medical geneticist that headed the Human Genome Project, and now heads the National Human Research Genome Institute, Francis S. Collins, MD, PhD. You can read more about Dr. Collins HERE.

Since I participated in medical research as an RN before becoming a stay at home wife, and currently as a patient in a medication research protocol, I have quite an interest in this book. And, as a Christian, I like to be prepared to answer any questions that may come my way.

Prayer

Please continue to pray daily for those facing challenges ... and for each other. My prayer is that we each grow closer to the Lord every day and learn to have joyful and thankful hearts no matter what our circumstances may be.

Your Friend,

Shelly

NIV

Romans 12:12
Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.

Psalm 17:6
I call on you, O God, for you will answer me; give ear to me and hear my prayer.

4 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Rose said...

Your posts are lovely - they always speak to me in ways that surprise me. keep it up - it is wonderful.
wouldn't it be great if we could get together to knit, pray, & chat? You don't live that far - we should try to hook up. email me.

6:27 PM  
Blogger Tandi said...

Gorgeous sky picture!
And thanks to your son for the great recommendation. I'll have to try that out.

10:57 AM  
Blogger katie said...

I love the little bit of Oklahoma fall color in your Saturday Sky picture. Makes me want to go out and tromp around in the leaves!

4:17 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Let us know how you like the book!

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home