Saturday, October 07, 2006

Our Sky, Farm Animals, Knitting & Prayers

Saturday Sky

Today's sky....


We're finally getting some cooler temps in central Oklahoma. Yesterday was in the 90's, so when we have temps that seem like fall is actually on its way, we're thrilled!

Farm Animals

One of the biggest benefits of living on a farm and having acres of room is the ability to have animals that have plenty of room to exercise and explore.

However, today we let a couple of the boys out of the back pasture to graze up front and this is where they went!


This is our boy, Redford, pretending he is a bird and eating from one of our ground bird feeders. He knows this isn't allowed....but, he tries anyway. He has a taste for sunflower seeds...which is NOT good for horses. So, we go out and move him and have to put away the bird feeders for a bit until we put the boys back in the back pasture this evening. (Please excuse the poor quality picture. It was taken through the screen of one of our front windows.)

We also enjoy our dachshunds!


Our dachshunds are loyal, loving, brave, and they *do not* realize they are small dogs. They love to be in the laps of their humans, or chasing away wildlife critters, or just lazing in the sun.

A couple of our boys have upcoming appts. with our vet for *testosterone adjustments*. Our vet is wonderful and I'm sure the boys will do well but we're not talking about it in front of them just yet. : )

Current Knitting

I've been knitting children's sweaters for CIC. I hope to knit many more for the current challenge of the CIC Yahoo Knit List which goes through Nov. 30th. (Please feel free to join the list and to join in our efforts!)

This past week Denise of the CIC list gave a link to a vendor for wool at an outstanding price. The vendor is The Sheep Shed Studio and the specials for Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride is HERE on Carol's Super Specials page.

I received my order 2 days after it was placed. Now that's service! The yarn is absolutely beautiful! Although some is listed as seconds, I could find nothing wrong with any of the skeins. All I can figure is that they must have incredibly rigid quality control at Brown Sheep. Here's a picture of my outstanding yarn purchase.


You can see that I wound two of the center pull skeins into center pull balls looking for any sign of flaws...and I've found none! I'm so pleased to have found this vendor. I will be able to stretch my CIC dollars even further. : )

I've also finished Chart #2 of the Mountain Peaks Shawl. I just need to complete Chart #3 and do the border charts and I'm finished. Blocking isn't that far away. Yippee!


Prayers

I'd like to request renewed prayers for Susan and Will. They both are battling cancer and are having physical struggles and weakness from the cancer treatments. Please pray for their complete return to health, bountiful blessings from family and friends, and the comfort of our Heavenly Father every moment of every day.

I also continue to pray for each of you. My prayer is that you will personally know the presence of the Lord in your life and have a continued growing and strengthening personal relationship with Him every hour of every day.

Your Friend,

Shelly

NIV

Psalm 36:5
Your love, O LORD, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies.

Psalm 139:8
If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.

Psalm 91:4
He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.

13 Comments:

Blogger Rosemary said...

Cuuuute doggies! =P
I was thinking of booking Remus and appt here pretty soon...

6:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope I get my yarn quickly, too! thanks for sharing.

what does the NIV that you put right before the Bible verses stand for?

love all your pictures, as usual!

8:11 PM  
Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Thanks, Ladies!

Rebecca, the NIV = New International Version, which is a fairly recent translation of the Bible.

There are many translations and this one generally uses current language rather than some of the older English word usages.

You can see or compare many of the translations online at http://www.biblegateway.com

Have a great weekend!

8:48 PM  
Blogger Cary ~ My Wool Mitten at Serenity Farms said...

Shelly, I love it when you post ;) I had to smile at your horse at the bird feeder (you know my fondness for horses, too!) and the Dachsund photo just makes you feel joy, doesn't it? We actually had to REALLY resist bringing home a Dachsund puppy last month...its been a while since we have had a dog and I want a smaller breed this time (after years of raising German Shepherds and Husky-types)

I could read the Psalms forever, couldn't you? Hugs - Cary

5:47 AM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

OH, your Mtn Peaks shawl is lovely! (as are all the animals - love the dachsunds!)
(((hugs)))

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Shelly, I'm your sockret pal. I've sent you 2 emails already, but Rachel said you haven't gotten any. Just want to let you know I'm alive, and that there is a package on the way to you right now! Enjoy!

Take care
your sockret pal

7:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Redford!!! You have the greatest talent at making me homesick.

Your daughter,
Amanda

3:54 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

WOW! I bet Redford can go through some birdseed pretty quick! I though squirrels were bad!

4:32 PM  
Blogger jae said...

Thanks for the link to the sheep shed site. You are definitely doing God's work and will get many blessings and rewards if not here, in heaven.

I prayed for your friends with cancer as I was reading your blog.

The sky pic shows the most beautiful blue. No matter how much 'man' tries to imitate God's beauty, like the song says: 'Nothing compares to His greatness..."

7:55 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

You are a girl after my own heart! I love the pics of your critters and acreage...something I have always wanted to do...live on acreage with lots of critters! At this stage of my life I don't see it ever happening, but I can do it vicariously through your posts! God, nature, his critters, kids and knitting...doesn't get any better!

6:31 AM  
Blogger Amy from Ezekiel's Garden said...

Thanks for sharing your pics with us! :) The sky has been an amazing shade of blue here, too.

Your horse was too funny! You should send it into Birds and Blooms saying "you think you have a bird feeder pest?!?" Hahaha! :D

12:15 PM  
Blogger Knitting Rose said...

I have dacshies too! Aren't they the best? I love Psalms, they always speak to me. Your shawl is LOVELY! I still haven't tried the lace yet, but I am getting closer. I cannot wait until you block it - It will be stunning.
Happy Knitting!

4:42 PM  
Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

I love your Dachsunds, Shelly. I would love to have a toy dachsund ... but not until I retire. Your shawl is going to be beautiful. Bet you're surprised that I've FINALLY made it by to say "hi" huh? I'm glad I did.

Blessings.

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home