Monday, November 06, 2006

Last Saturday's Sky, Little Hats, Little Socks, & Prayers

Last Saturday's Sky

I did get a picture of the sky on Saturday and am finally getting it posted on Tuesday.


We finally had a wonderful and much needed rain on Saturday. We had a thunderstorm and enjoyed it thoroughly!

Little Hats

I've been making little hats for wee, little heads this weekend. I cast on at the SWAK Knit In Friday night and found these fast and easy to complete...and very good for the heart, too!

I didn't get to knit on Saturday, but Sunday was a very fruitful day for little hat knitting.


The pink daisy hat is from *Itty Bitty Hats* by Susan B. Anderson. I used various colors of Touche yarn.

The smaller baby hats are made in preemie and small newborn sizes. They are knit with Plymouth Dreambaby DK using the online pattern HERE. I made some simple modifications to the pattern to try some ribbing and the little knotted i-cord on the top.

I found that many baby hats can be made from a single skein of either of these yarns.

I'll be knitting more and sending some to the Metro OKC Knitter's Guild for use in local hospital nurseries and I'm also sending baby hats to support Caps To The Capital.

Knitting these little hats certainly warms my heart during the chilly, fall days. : )

Little Socks With A Little Progress

I did get a small bit of time to work on the 6 little socks on one long circular needle last Thursday evening at our local Sit 'N Stitch at Borders. I made a little progress while chatting and visiting with my knitting friends. We had a wonderful time!


As you can see, not much progress was made. But, fear not, this is my project for intense knitting this evening. I'm going to concentrate on knitting these little socks and hope to have them finished in the next couple of days.

Since I hadn't touched them this weekend, you will see much more progress in future pictures, I promise! : )

Prayers

This week my heart has been drawn to deepened prayer for the children of CIC and children in situations without adequate resources to have the opportunity to live, grow and thrive...and those without parents. Please join me in prayer for these little ones and that we may each find ways to help relieve these situations as much as possible.

I'm also drawn to pray for those that have adopted children and daily provide love and care for them...and have the joy of having children in their home. I pray that challenges will be overcome and that trust and love will replace fears and hurts.

And, I pray that each of us, as God's children, will accept His love and care and grow closer to Him each and every day.

Your Friend,

Shelly

NIV

John 16:21
A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world.

Mark 9:37
"Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me."

Mark 10:13-14
13 People were bringing little children to Jesus to have him touch them, but the disciples rebuked them.
14 When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't even begin to tell me how your prayer for adopted children and their families has warmed my heart today. Yes my children are blessed to live here in America and appear "normal" to the eye. But their hurt and pain runs so deep the pain they have endured is so intense, it's life altering. I know I am not the only one who deals with this on a daily basis and I will be joining you in prayer regarding families like mine.
LOVE the little hats. Please don't turn me on to another charity right now (ha ha)

2:15 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

WOW! I can't believe that you are knitting all those little socks at once!!

You are amazing.

4:54 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

A wonderful prayer for our most precious gifts...children!
Darling hats!!! I LOVE the pink flower one! I think you just blew my budget....HAVE to have that book!

8:53 PM  
Blogger Knitting Rose said...

Are the little socks too fun to knit?! They look adorable! What yarns are you using? The way the colors look together is adorable. For me - half of knitting is the colors. If they make me happy - I knit more! The little hats are great! God bless!

7:34 AM  
Blogger jae said...

you are amazing, I was thinking the same thing about the socks and your huge heart for these children.

9:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those hats are for little bitty heads....I love you Mom

6:56 AM  
Blogger Maureen said...

A friend just let me borrow the itty bitty hat book and the pink petal hat was top of my list! So cute!

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Shelly,

I love your upside down daisy hat! You knit beautifully. Thanks for knitting for those babies. You are amazing! Baby knitting is really the best. I love it that Itty-Bitty Hats is being used for charity knitting. It is so gratifying to know that.

Best,
Susan B. Anderson

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home